Triticum monococcum bacterial artificial chromosome (BAC) library
D. Lijavetzky, G. Muzzi, T. Wicker, B. Keller, R. Wing, and J. Dubcovsky.
Material transfer agreement to request clones and filters
· Plant material: cultivated diploid wheat Triticum monococcum DV92.
· High molecular weight DNA: nuclei extracted from leaves.
· Cloning vector: pINDIGO451 BAC
· Library characteristics:
· 276,480 BAC clones sorted in 720 384-well plates and blotted onto 15 high-density filters
· Empty clones: 1.33 %. Hybridization with labeled total DV92 DNA showed that all the other BAC clones have wheat DNA. 85% of the Not I fragments showed strong hybridization signal suggesting the presence of repetitive sequences.
· Clones with chloroplast DNA: 0.14 %
· Library coverage: 5.6 genome equivalents.
· Probability of having any DNA sequence represented in this library: > 99.6 %.