In the List of Publication section there is a list of the research topics that I worked in the past. Also in the C.V. section there is a description of the different research projects I had been involved.
I am currently working in Professor Richard E. Plant lab (UC-Davis, Agronomy and Range Sciences Department) trying to quantify the overlaying factors that cause California and Uruguay spatial and temporal rice variability, with the goal of evaluating the possibilities of the adoption of Precision Farming techniques already available in other regions.
My current themes of interest with-in this area are:
- Precision Farming
- How to quantify spatial and temporal variability
- How to quantify rice fields stochastic and deterministic yield spatial patterns and their stability through time.
- How to quantify the major factors underlying the observed spatio-temporal variability.
- ECOLOGICAL TRADE-OFFS OF DECREASING YIELD VARIABILITY /INCREASING CROP UNIFORMITY.
- Management Zones
- GIS applications in Agriculture
Research results available at:
- Interpreting Yield Patterns for California Rice Precision Farm Management. Roel, A.; Plant, R; Young, J; Pettygrove, S; Deng.J; Williams, J. Proceedings of the 5 th International Conference on Precision Agriculture. July 16 - 19, 2000. Bloomington, Minnesota USA. Also published in the UC-Davis Agronomy and Range Science Department Web page - Research in Progress
- Use of Geospatial Technology to measure the yield impact of Bearded Sprangletop (Leptochloa Fasicularis) in California Rice. A.Roel , J.F. Williams, M.W. Hair, A.J. Fischer, D.P. Cheethan, and R.E. Plant. Proceedings of the Remote Sensing Of Invasive Weeds Workshop - 25 & 26 September 2000, UC DAVIS, USA.
- Using GIS to improve Rice Yields. A. Roel and R.E. Plant. Rice Farming Vol 35, No 4 March 2001.
- Sampling Design Strategies in Precision Agriculture Research for Crop Yield Characterization
- Understanding Yield Patterns Variability In Space And Time For Rice Precision Farming In CALIFORNIA And URUGUAY (I)
- Understanding Yield Patterns Variability In Space And Time For Rice Precision Farming In CALIFORNIA And URUGUAY (II)
- Use of Geospatial Technology to measure the yield impact of Bearded Sprangletop (Leptochloa Fasicularis) in California Rice.
* Use of Cluster Analysis for Yield Pattern Delineation
INTERPRETING YIELD PATTERNS FOR CALIFORNIA RICE PRECISION FARM MANAGEMENT
MEASURING YIELD IMPACT OF Bearded Sprangletop (Leptochloa fascicularis) IN CALIFORNIA RICE
- LOS SISTEMAS DE INFORMACION GEOGRAFICOS Y LA AGRICULTURA DE PRECISION: Situación Actual y Posibilidades Futuras.
- Using GIS to improve Rice Yields. A. Roel and R.E. Plant. Rice Farming Vol 35, No 4 March 2001 (Complete Article).
BACK TO HOME