Sixteen UC Davis researchers have been named in the annual Highly Cited Researchers 2019 list released by the Web of Science Group, which compiles statistics on scientific publishing. The list identifies scientists and social scientists who have published multiple papers ranking in the top 1 percent by citations in a particular field and year, over a 10-year period.
Citation counts represent how often a particular paper has been cited in other scientific publications.
Blumwald is a Distinguished Professor and the Will W. Lester Endowed Chair. He works on the cellular and molecular bases of adaptation of plants to biotic and abiotic stress, along with the molecular baes of fruit quality. Blumwald is a Fellow in the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and he received the Alexander von Humboldt Prize.
Dubcovsky is a Distinguished Professor who works on genetics, particularly wheat breeding, wheat genetics, and wheat varieties. Dubcovsky is also a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator, a member of the National Academy of Sciences, and he received the Wolf World Award in Agriculture.
UC Davis researchers included in this year’s list are:
- Andreas Baumler, Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine
- Eduardo Blumwald, Plant Sciences, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Cameron S. Carter, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine
- Alan Crozier, Nutrition, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Kathryn G. Dewey, Nutrition, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Jorge Dubcovsky, Plant Sciences, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Oliver Fiehn, Genome Center
- Irva Hertz-Picciotto, Public Health Sciences, School of Medicine
- Carlito Lebrilla, Chemistry, College of Letters and Science
- David A. Mills, Food Science and Technology, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Sally J. Rogers, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine
- Thomas W. Scott, Entolomology and Nematology, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Andrew Sih, Environmental Science and Policy, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- James S. Trimmer, Physiology and Membrane Biology, School of Medicine
- Heike Wulff, Pharmacology, School of Medicine
- Qi Zhang, Environmental Toxicology, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
The Web of Science Group is a Clarivate Analytics company, formerly a division of Thomson Reuters. For more information about the Highly Cited Researchers list, see the Web of Science Group website.
- Andy Fell, News and Media Relations, 530-752-4533, email@example.com
- Ann Filmer, Department of Plant Sciences (for Blumwald and Dubcovsky), 530-754-6788, firstname.lastname@example.org
(Article first published in UC Davis News. November 19, 2019)