- December 12 | Allen Van Deynze and Theresa Hill | "Mechanical harvesting is essential for the processing industry"
- December 5 | Maeli Melotto & Cristian Jacob | "Breeding for enhanced crop safety: A case study of lettuce and human pathogens"
- November 28 | Lucas McKinnon & Philip Day | "Factors involved in the targeting, assembly and processing activity of chloroplast membrane proteins" | * From the laboratory of the late Prof. Kentaro Inoue
- November 13 | Bruce Linquist & Daniela Carrijo, Plant Sciences | "Irrigation management in rice for multiple environmental outcomes"
- November 7 | John Yoder and Yaxin Wang, Plant Sciences | "Subterranean signaling between host and parasitic plants: the role of redox reactions"
- October 31 | Ken Shackel & Vadim Volkov, Plant Sciences | "Nanoporous silicon water potential sensors: Have we found the Holy Grail?"
- October 24 | Mohsen Mesgaran & Maor Matzrafi, Plant Sciences | "Exploitation of sex for weed management" | Video *
- October 18 | Jorge Dubcovsky, Plant Sciences | "Unraveling hidden variation in polyploid wheat using sequenced mutant populations" | Juan M. Debernardi | "Using mutants and transgenic plants to understand wheat spike development"
- October 10 | Georgia Drakakaki & Michel Rosquete, Plant Sciences | "Endomembrane dynamics in cell wall build-up and plant stress response"
- October 3 | Professor Zvi Peleg, Hebrew University of Jerusalem | "Saving roots for rainy days"
- September 26 | Professor Graham D. Farquhar, Australian National University | "Optimal water use and the intersection of photorespiration and N metabolism" | Video *
- September 19 | Valerie Eviner, UC Davis | "Improving our ability to understand and manage ecosystems by linking population, community, ecosystem and landscape ecology" | Video *
- September 12 | Leslie Roche, UC Davis | "Sustaining working rangelands" | Video *
- August 29 | Markita del Carpio Landry, UC Berkeley | "High aspect ratio nanomaterials enable delivery of functional genetic material without DNA integration in mature points" | Video *
- June 6 | Markus Stetter, Plant Sciences | "Genetic constraints hindered amaranth domestication despite convergent trait evolution"
- May 30 | Joanna Solins, Plant Sciences | "Riparian vegetation to urban stream conditions"
- May 23 | Blandine Nacoulma, UC Davis | "Why do elephants attack baobab (Adansonia digitate L.) in protected areas of Burkina Faso? Towards a strategy for species conservation"
- May 16 | John McKay, Colorado State University | "Commercializing genetic discoveries for maximizing sustainable production of Cannabis and Maize"
- May 9 | Paula Rodrigues Oblessuc, Plant Sciences | "New insights in the growth-defense tradeoffs in plants"
- May 2 | Bruce Lampinen, Plant Sciences | "Understanding limitations to yield of almond and walnut" | Video
- April 25 | Tom Buckley, Plant Sciences | "Using models as research tools in plant ecophysiology" | Video *
- April 18 | Dan Kliebenstein, Plant Sciences | "The illusion of simplicity in nutrition breeding"
- April 11 | Jorge Dubcovsky, Plant Sciences | "Using sequenced mutant populations for wheat breeding" | Video *
- March 14 | Tim Brodribb, University of Tasmania, Australia | "Visualizing Drought-induced Hydraulic Failure in Leaves, Stems and Roots, in Real Time" | Video
- March 7 | Elisabeth Forrestel, UC Davis | "Evolutionary Perspectives on Grassland Structure and Function"
- February 28 | Emilio Laca, UC Davis | "A Practical Model of Grazing Management to Control Invasive Plants" | Video
- February 21 | Leonie Bentsink, Department of Plant Sciences, Wageningen University and Research | "How Does Nature Regulate the Seed Life Span?"
- February 14 | Bob Hutmacher, UC Davis | "Fusarium Resistance Challenges in Cotton, and Drought and Salinity Research at West Side REC"
- February 7 | Kent Bradford, UC Davis | "Understanding Biological Variation"
- January 31 | Dave Grantz, UC Riverside | "Effects of Particulate Air Pollutants on Plant Water Relations"
- January 24 | Charlie Brummer, UC Davis | “Can We Improve Alfalfa Yield? Lessons From Breeding and Genomics”
- January 10 | Eduardo Blumwald, UC Davis | “Roles of NHX-type Cation/H+ antiporters in cellular ion and pH homeostasis” | Video *
- Sept 6 | Matthew Gilbert, UC Davis | "How can we adapt crops to water limited environments" | Video
- October 25 | Parsa Tehranchian, Postdoc research Associate, Marie Jasieniuk | "Multiple herbicide resistance in California Italian ryegrass"
- November 1 | Annabelle Damerum, Ph.D. Student, Gail Taylor lab | "Improving the shelf life and nutritional quality of lettuce"
- November 8 | Elizabeth Arnold, Ph.D. student, Gail Taylor lab | "Manipulating the leaf microbiome for improved leafy salads"
- November 15 | Mariano Gallo, Ph.D. student, Al-Khatib/Hanson lab | "Walnut response to simulated rice herbicide drift"
- November 22 | Libby Rowland. Ph.D. student, Gail Taylor lab | "Improving Quality and Shelf Life of Culinary Herbs via Irrigation Scheduling"
- November 29 | Jeff Dahlberg, Kearney Agricultural Research & Extension (KARE) Director | "Sorghum in California? Why the Interest?”
- December 6 | Feras Almasri, Ph.D. student, Al-Khatib Lab | "Towards the search for Methyl Bromide alternatives"
* Video only available to Plant Sciences faculty