Rice researchers present findings at working group meeting
Al-Khatib team represented California
Researchers from the UC Davis Department of Plant Sciences attended the 39th biennial Rice Technical Working Group conference, held Feb. 20-23 in Hot Springs, Ark. The conference is hosted by the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture.
Members of Kassim Al-Khatib’s lab represented rice research in California with posters and presentations. Participants at the meeting were graduate students Matt Lombardi, Deniz Inci and Aaron Alvarez; post-doctoral researcher Liberty Galvin and Rasim Unan; and staff research associate Mike Lynch. Al-Khatib is the department’s Melvin D. Androus Endowed Professor for Weed Science.
Their research posters and oral presentations were:
- Evaluation of Pyraclonil in an Herbicide Program Approach in California Water-Seeded Rice — Matt Lombardi, M. Lynch, S. Reyes, K. Al-Khatib
- California Weedy Rice and Grasses Response to Clethodim — Rasim Unan, L. Galvin, A. Alvarez, D. Inci, K. Al-Khatib
- California Weedy Rice and Grasses Response to Glufosinate — Rasim Unan, L. Galvin, A. Alvarez, K. Al-Khatib
- Rice and Smallflower Umbrella Sedge Responses to Loyant at Different Growth Stages — Deniz Inci
- Behavior of Pendimethalin in Water After an Application onto Flooded Rice — Aaron Alvarez
- Control of Weedy Rice with Spot Treatment of Clethodim and Glufosinate — Rasim Unan
- Determining Anaerobic Germination Capacity in California Weedy "Red" Rice (Oryza sativa spontanea) Accessions — Liberty Galvin
- Rice Breeding Research in Turkey — Rasim Unan
- UC Rice Information Center
- UC Research & Information Centers (RICs)
- Trina Kleist, UC Davis Department of Plant Sciences, email@example.com, (530) 754-6148 or (530) 601-6846